Another study of a colored box (sorry if these bore you!), this time trying to apply a bit more advanced use of light and color:
- Direct warm sunlight from the left -> sharp shadows; front surface and bevel are warm
- Cool blue diffuse light -> cool shadow parts; gradients in shadowed parts; top surface is a bit cooler
- Reflected diffuse sunlight from floor -> gradients on front surface; side surface gets a bit of this warm diffuse light too
- Darker areas are (a bit) more saturated than light areas.
- Edges are sharper in the shadowed areas, more detail
- Edges on lit surfaces are more fuzzy, seem to blend with background
Please note that these are not (well, not necessarily) rules that apply in general. They’re just things I tried to accomplish in this sketch. Until my Pogo Connect stopped working :( while doing the last final touches.
Made with Paper